Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A blog to "spark your fancy"

Recently, I've been checking out cool blogs to follow. Ones that "spark my interest" or "suit my fancy"... OR I just looked up these blogs for an assignment. I'll let you decide.

Anyways, I came across this blog called Opinionator in Technorati's list of top blogs. What's really cool about this blog is the different content it provides. Anything from writing tips to historical facts about the Civil War (facts you didn't know... or might be interested in)-- written in a narrative style. This blog contains various writers with different interests who blog day-to-day. What draws me to the writing though is if there is only a few writers that I enjoy reading I can simply read posts by them specifically.

If you're looking for a blog with some color and flair to catch your eye then you might be a little disappointed. Opinionator is a New York Times blog forum, so they've spent little time in putting up photos that look like they were uploaded from Instagram or pretty colored font. It's very professional... because it's the bloody NEW YORK TIMES!

It's good writing. Pure, unadulterated, and simple. You might have to dust off that Webster's Dictionary to brush up on a few forgotten words, but the writing is simple enough to keep you attention.

BEWARE: You might run into some writers whose views may piss you off... it is, after all, an opinion page.



Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment