Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Problems in the Nigh


            I was sitting in Starbuck’s when my very favorite barista, and former co-worker, came up to talk with me. As usual she was stressing out about an order that she had made a week ago and had yet to come in causing them to be under stocked. This happens quite a bit with the company they order from, and it never fails that they somehow always seem to lose her order.
            Though, I could really care less if they are out of every iced cup except for talls, passion fruit tea, or every pastry Starbuck’s has so cleverly come up with besides petite vanilla bean scones, I patiently listen to her rant. Fortunately for me, she happens to be very entertaining when she is on one of her Starbucks’ tantrums, and I can relate to her on some level since I used to work there. Yes, I understand what it’s like to tell a customer, yet again, that “we are out of their very favorite drink” and “is there anything else we can get for you?” The reply never fails to be that very condescending look because you have dared insult them by your lack of intelligence.
            I listen as she makes her familiar threat of finally burning the Starbucks down because they have gotten on her last nerve as she walks off. All I can do is silently laugh to myself, thank God that I do not have that stress on myself, and go back to my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment