Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Seniority


            It has been two weeks back in the dorms and I have met several new girls to the on-campus residential life. All of them have been underclassmen: two sophomores and the rest freshman. Of course, this has also reminded me of being old whenever people ask that familiar question of your classification, and my reply is senior. I then get the very generic reply:
            “Oh! Wow, you’re old!”
            “…yes, thank you?” I hope this also means that I am wise.
            Not really knowing how to respond to this exclamation of my age (though I think that early 20s is not very old) I simply laugh it off and continue with the conversation. I haven’t decided if I have exercised grace or mercy on the young underclassmen when dealing with their proclamations. Perhaps both.

No comments:

Post a Comment