Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The "Real World"


            I am now in the last stage of my college career, or so I have told myself. I hear that the next stage of our lives is entering the real world. However knowing that my college experience is drawing to a close at the conclusion of my Spring semester, has made me regret the “real” world that much more. This may just be me, but college seems to be pretty real.
            Anyways, I’m living in the dorms for my fourth and final year, and find myself surrounded by freshman. Which makes me feel old, and like I’m in high school all over again. The noises of the dorms are all very much the same. Halls filled with giggly girls and concerned parents giving out their much needed advice. Unfortunately, all that’s really on their minds takes precedence over everything else.
            “Freedom!”
            Whenever you’re in high school, this word is just a far off thing that you’re unable to grasp because of your overprotective parents. Now that you’re in college it’s everywhere. It should be interesting to see what these girls do with their newfound freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment